Special Council Meeting
5 June 2019
Happy, healthy people sharing prosperity and knowledge from living sustainably and in harmony with our rural identity, thriving villages, productive and inspiring landscapes.
Leaders in delivering quality, innovative and community focused services today that make a difference for tomorrow.
Accessible, responsive (we’re here to help), can do attitude, communicative, empathetic.
Equitable, honest, ethical, transparent.
Listening, compassionate, open minded, understanding, patient.
Caring, enthusiastic, inspiring, accountable.
Creative, bold, challenging, flexible.
Partnering, building productive relationships, inclusive.
1. Opening and Recognition of Traditional Custodians
I would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are meeting, the Gunaikurnai People. I pay my respects to their Elders both past and present, and Elders of other communities who may be here today.
2. Reading of Affirmation and Prayer
Cr Power will read the Councillors affirmation, being, ‘We now pause to reflect upon the solemn responsibilities conferred on us by the Parliament of Victoria through the Local Government Act (1989).
We acknowledge that it is the responsibility of local government to ensure the peace, order and good governance of our Shire.
We are to be responsible and accountable to our community here in Baw Baw Shire through good governance and leadership.
Give wisdom and understanding to the members of this Baw Baw Shire Council.
In all our deliberations help each of us to listen carefully, perceive the best course of action have courage to pursue it and grace to accomplish it.
Directorate: Corporate and Community Services
Appendix: 6 attachments
To provide Council with the opportunity to hear submissions received pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 on the:
· Revised Council Plan 2017 – 2021
· Draft Annual Budget 2019 – 2020
· Draft Long Term Financial Strategy 2019/20 to 2028/29
· Draft Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2019/20 to 2028/29
· Draft Rating Strategy 2019/20
That Council consider the submissions received pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
· The consideration of submissions is pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 and is part of the public consultation process prior to any formal decision by Council.
· Those submitters who have expressed in their submission that they wish to be heard before Council will be provided the opportunity to speak to their submission for up to three minutes in accordance with the Council Community Participation Time Policy (refer attached).