Special Council Meeting
31 May 2017
31 May 2017
Minutes of the Special Meeting of the Baw Baw Shire Council held in the
Trafalgar Chambers, Trafalgar Business Centre , commencing at 5.30pm on 31 May 2017.
Cr J Gauci (Chair) Cr M Power, Cr D Wallace, Cr D Goss, Cr J O’Donnell, Cr P Kostos, Cr M Leaney, Cr K Cook, Cr T Jones
Cr Gauci opened the meeting with recognition of the traditional custodians being, I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we are meeting and pay my respects to their Elders both past and present.
Cr Gauci read the Councillors affirmation, being, ‘We now pause to reflect upon the solemn responsibilities conferred on us by the Parliament of Victoria through the Local Government Act (1989).
We acknowledge that it is the responsibility of local government to ensure the peace, order and good governance of our Shire.
We are to be responsible and accountable to our community here in Baw Baw Shire through good governance and leadership.
Give wisdom and understanding to the members of this Baw Baw Shire Council.
In all our deliberations help each of us to listen carefully, perceive the best course of action have courage to pursue it and grace to accomplish it.
Directorate: Corporate and Community Services
Appendix: 6 attachments
To provide Council with the opportunity to hear submissions received pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 on the:
· Draft Council Plan 2017-2021
· Draft Annual Budget 2017-2018
· Draft Long Term Financial Strategy 2017-2027
· Draft Long Term Financial Infrastructure Plan 2017-2027
· Draft Rating Strategy 2017-2018
That Council consider the submissions received pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
The following people spoke on submission:
1. Terry Williamson
2. Peter Ware
3. Wendy Bouras
4. Tony Wolfe
5. Carol Asbock
6. Hunter Koschade
7. Corey Philip
8. Juliana Richards
9. Liz Clay/Claire Morrisey
10. Liz Clay
11. Steve Vincent
12. Rob Ashworth
Moved: Cr M Power
Seconded: Cr D Wallace
· The consideration of submissions is pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 and is part of the public consultation process prior to any formal decision by Council.
· Those submitters who have expressed in their submission that they wish to be heard before Council will be provided the opportunity to speak to their submission for up to three minutes each in accordance with the Council Community Participation Time Policy (extract attached).